1.07.2010

I've...missed you, I mean, I don't even know who you are.

I wrote a blog a while ago about knowing that distinct feeling right before a break up.  I now intend to write about the feeling about writing about the feeling right before a break up, or right after, and during.

It's really difficult, frankly. It's like when you aren't wearing glasses when you need them a whole lot, and you have been drinking whiskey all night on an empty stomach, so everything is just this woozy blur and words come really slowly.  Your wpm is unusually slow and you stumble of the spelling of words like "of."  Or is it "ov"? I don't really know.

And while you're on an illiterate tilt-a-whirl the only thing that you can seem to hear or make out of your surroundings, are reruns of unbelievably bad and corny television shows.  You know the one's with freeze-frames at the end, and where the characters started out as 9th graders and now they are like, married, and have grandkids?

And I'm neither hungry, nor full, yet food sounds great.  And I absolutely refuse to look nice.

What's funnier is that, like the blog I made allusion to, there was no breakup, no nothing.  All imaginary.

'Tis not alone my inky cloak, good mother,
Nor customary suits of solemn black,
Nor windy suspiration of forced breath…

Oh Hamlet.  Oh yeah, one more thing. I sigh a lot more and make indescribable, rather, un-spellable, huffing noises. 

2 comments:

  1. once again ive had to take a mandatory break from reading your blog ali; but you should know that wasnt my choice- ive simply not had time nor the access to any sort of electronics the past few weeks.
    but still you are here, rolling and, and still your my guilty little pleasure, looking over my shoulder, making sure no one else is reading you.
    aha, nice.
    josh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hope all is well with you! have so much love for people that still read my blog, i want to like sit you all down at a table and feed you homemade soup.

    ReplyDelete