12.31.2009

New Years Blog (5th annual)

I have survived another year. Slightly W-T-F, also kind of a relief.
Some resolutions.

I have resolved to not fall in love anymore.  I simply neither have the time nor patience to lie on my floor grasping my chest out of love pangs. All the energy that goes into my previous devotions will be spent otherwise on education, art, and books, (for all creative purposes, not art for the sake of love.)

Purify, as intangibly as possible.  Deeds will be done because of pure motivation, and solely for that singular motivation.  No ulterior motives, manipulation, or hiding the truth. Blunt. White. Pure.

Depress less. Smile more.

Quit cutting my hair.

Drink more water.

Be taken seriously. (Always a resolution of mine).

Look better in pictures.

Be pleasantly surprised (also always a resolution of mine. Though this time it will not involve love).

Pay dues to my idols.  Someway, somehow, I am going to do something about my heroes.

Ali's Good Things of 2009:

twitter, cats, the color yellow, skirts and dresses, kissing, my friends, watercolors, sockeye salmon, George, resale stores, scented candles, my bed, mythology class, all the trips, strangers, when people stop being strangers.

Ali's Things that can go to hell in 2009:
24 hour celebrity death coverage on television, sex, mononucleosis, breakups, hookups, myspace, REL 110, commuting, people moving away, liars, death, navy blue.


I love you all. Have a safe and happy entry into 2010. Fuck the 2000-single-digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment