10.18.2009

Check Box, Yes, No. You pencil in "Maybe."

I think I am going to do some likes and dislikes, loves and hates.

I like when people who originally did not like you open up and say they don't really mind you.
I like when two people are on the same "wavelength," like they read your mind.
I like when people like my shoes. Because I fall in love with other people's shoes.
I like when art happens exactly like it did in my head.
I like when people remember things you said even though you weren't all that important at the time.
I like talking to strangers.
I like finding people that remember things the same way you do.
I like all these post-it notes around my desk.

I don't like how I get when I consume alcohol.
I don't like how guilty I feel regarding weekends and free time.
I don't like how some people learn what empathy is way too late in life.
I don't like feeling sticky.
I don't like when people realize my luster is gone.
I don't like overdue fees.
I don't like folding clothes.

I love mixed messages/reading between the lines.
I love my cat's face when she sees me.
I love when people use anything above 100%.
I love when people look deeply. In general. At anything.
I love when the sun peeks out for a second, but then goes away.
I love when people fall in love with each other, right before my eyes.

I hate miscommunications.
I hate Stanley Kubrick.
I hate when people say there is an argument, but there is really only one side.
I hate going to the cleaners.
I hate when people violate the things I love.
I hate that I have to hate.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous18.10.09

    Your lusterrrrrrr is all there!

    anon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous20.10.09

    Love, hate, like, dislike...Really does add that element of perspective [to life] of which is so desperately sought after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess. we, as humans or whatever, are always categorizing things. i just felt all those things at once.

    ReplyDelete