10.31.2009

my october 31 traditions.

here i will drink to you both tonight
this day of the year has never felt right
since the night that no one responded
when i painted my life
and depression compounded
i made a big mound of big blue pills
that made me throw up
and gave me chills
i woke up the next day
profoundly upset
my heart was still beating
i wasn't dead yet
so they shipped me home
and made me better
but the love of my life
he wrote me a letter
"darling, i dont think you're cute,
you've lost your luster, and we dispute
over far too much for me to enjoy
anything but fucking,
because i'm a boy."
and that was that
another heartbreak
incomplete by the break of day
so the next hallow's eve
i found a guy
who'd give me drugs
and make me cry
he'd be flat out, and tell me things
how i'm too fat, and i can't sing,
or draw or smile or anything.
then on my one special day
he lent me fists
it was not okay.
so now year three,
i toast to y'all,
for giving me art
and loving my fall
into deep horror and scary dreams
remembering those nights
of bad extremes.
i wish i had more to show you two
i'm still alone
i'm still abused.
but fuck.
whatever.
i dont care.
nothing cool rhymes with care.
i really just hate halloween
but at least i'm not staying with the routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment