11.04.2009

young ali.

i want to switch out your skittles with m&m's

and watch as you get disappointed

and i'll smile from across the lunchroom

as you think of the possible vile creature to have done this.

it was me! me darling!

but you married the girl who was princess jasmine for halloween

on the playground

by the pile of leaves

yesterday.

and she's got great shoes,

and she'll probably get boobs soon.

so after lunch,

at recess,

i'm going to watch you two on the playground

going down the slide together.

If only I could be the one

with your legs flanking mine

as we tear down the chute!

and then we'd sneak into the tunnel,

where no one can see us,

and you'd grab my hand,

and ask if you could kiss me on the lips.

and i wouldn't respond,

but match your request with a kiss of my own!

i like to see when you get up to recycle your milk carton,

so i can throw away mine as well,

and maybe you'll leave jasmine in all her glory

you know,

she could even get a pile of leaves to marry her.

today, as i saw you get up to toss your milk garbage away,

I stood up and made my way to the bins,

and what fate!

my unfinished peanut butter and jelly betrays me!

that judas!

adorning my white blouse with purple jelly,

like a falling trapeze artist.

and you noticed.

but you laughed.

can you guess which one is me?? think far right, green bow, no friends. L-O-L


2 comments:

  1. That does look like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. because it is!! little ali contemplates atheism.

    ReplyDelete