8.03.2010

Ideally. Ide(ali)

Advertise here!
 Well I would, but I can't afford it.
But if I could, it'd say
 that I wish I had a wooden porch
that we could rot on
the last night before you leave town.
Dark and lit by buzzing bulbs
we'd fasten then disengage,
rinse and repeat.
Well we would, but I don't have one.
So I'd get notice through
a hundred sixty characters
ending with colon, hyphen, backslash.
And I wish I could sing and strum,
Well I would, but I'm a painter.
So this could be a song
maybe in 3/4
that'd look perfect on your hard drive.
It can't be on a marquee, 
frosted in a cake,
burned into your grilled cheese,
or professed on amplitude modulation.
And I'd love to keep my phone on loud
so I could wake up and say goodbye.
I would but I have had trouble sleeping.
And since I keep my phone on silent by my head
while I'm asleep
I won't know 'til the morning that
you've left.

No comments:

Post a Comment