9.24.2010

truth

I find myself parking always at the same place
where I definitely made some decisions.
And when I talk about that place
I can tell by the look upon your face
that you've made some decisions as well.
Thus
I'm seducing my cell phone
and sticking around
'cause a song told me to
and scratching in my notebook
some 'versaries
and insecurities
and maybe some pro's and con's.
Con's
my hands are milksops
and can't use lighters
I seem to remember absolutely everything
and I'm starting to hate
everything west of the Mississippi River.
Pro's
there's only one
that when you're patting your pockets
for the heart you can't seem to find
or you left it at home,
well, God screwed up
and gave me two,
so you can have it,
if you want.
And do what you will:
eat it out,
know it by,
change or stand it still
but whatever, it's yours,
and I'm still parked right here,
sitting and drawing,
waiting for you to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment