9.30.2009

Ode to Hath Not a...

Please, stay where I can see your pretty face.
I say it politely, but I command it.
I'm sorry I bothered you while you were fixing your car,
but I could tell you wanted to talk to someone.
But why use speakerphone,
when you can look at my mouth?
I swear,
as pale in hue as my eyes are,
they run deep.
Don't judge me by my hands, wrists, or feet.
With them, I can impress,
but I have a circulatory system beneath my breasts.
Stay right there,
and keep describing meat to me.
I want to hear what it tastes like.
Spit me pretty adjectives
from your pretty throat.
And I'll pick them off the table,
and try them on for size.
And maybe we can build a radio transmitter together,
and then talk to the world.
It's not easy,
but it's worth it.
As long as you stay right there.

2 comments:

  1. as if by some miracle, or the fates reading my poem, he reappeared! his car is fixed, but now his house is falling down. i offered him a bed, blanket, and some french toast. have never been so smitten standing in the mud in my favorite shoes. made my knees weak. i am now procrastinating clowning until at least next wednesday at noon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1.10.09

    aha!
    (Y)
    WMQ

    ReplyDelete