9.28.2009

'Tis the Season

Hey. I am back from my hiatus. The blogging was getting to be a burn book more than little post-it notes. Sorry. Seriously. I adore the people that read this. Really. Hugs and high fives, and a promised dinner.

Just some thoughts for as of late.

Le Dinde de Main: 'tis the season. Although these little fellows are usually children's art projects, I often call them my favorite animal. And they appear in my masterpiece, THE KATZENJAMMER. But these little cuties, a traced hand with two eyes, a beak, sharp teeth, and a target on their bodies (palm), they have strong thighs and skinny calfs, and they love each other very much. They live in groups of 12+ and they just cuddle all day long, until the fall when they are hunted for Thanksgiving dinner.

"Girl" By the Beatles: I've already spoken once of the song I wish people would quote to me when I get sad, or maybe I haven't and I just said it to someone in particular, but this song...(Note my pause. It's an homage to the song!!) This is the song I want some guy to say reminds him of me. Never has a breathy sigh been so damn beautiful. I want some guy to love me so much that he's just dying! to tell the story of me. And he has these beautiful sexy sighs when they think of me. No more mixtapes with emo stuff, please. Waiting around for the stuff from Rubber Soul.

Karl Marx: Boy, oh boy, does this guy come up in my life a bunch. I've been obsessed since 13. And then I have learned about him, read his work, one way or another every year since. This time around, I am not just going to smile and write about his stuff. I'm going to overthrow me some bourgeoisie. I have a factory in mind, that I need to free the workers, and violently destroy the machinery. Hey, it's my self worth talking.

Mighty Aphrodite: Movie by Woody. I love that man. But I need to watch that movie. And segue into how zany I get about stuff sometimes. One little suggestion and I am currently rewriting the story of the trojan horse, for my mythology studies. To be played by puppets. With musical accompaniment. Maybe I should be a playwright. OR a puppeteer. My version of Snow White in Spanish was great. Nieva Blanca. No one got it. I played the wicked queen, of course.

Finally,

Projects: I have a new one. I will be pouring more of my heart and romantic-devious soul into that. As well as color. Going to post a link to it when more of it exists. It's going to be beautiful and maybe make you think possibly a little. I was looking at the ground when I said that and kind of decrescendo-ed a bit.

Again. Love you all, I want to tuck you in a night and wish you good dreams. But. Question. Why bother folding towels? I am going to silently rebel like I do wearing white after labor day...


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous29.9.09

    im glad your back :]
    and i love the new background, with the doodle face; it reminds of the 3yr old girl across the street from me; i love her to bits
    WMQ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29.9.09

    you're^ That is an aggravating. Haha. Otherwise, I agree with the previous comment - except for the fact that the little girl across my street is about nine now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous29.9.09

    aggravating error^ Oh, irony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you thank you! i always forgive typos. they're like freudian slips, but less meaningful. my favorite typo ever- instead of "killing" babies in a paper about abortion someone typed "kissing" babies.

    ReplyDelete