6.20.2009

Are You There, Reader(s)? It's Me, ali...

Just felt like being dramatic.

There is nothing quite like when a pet is happy to see you.  I guess it's like an itty-bitty glimpse of parenthood. But when they come up to you with their big old eyes, just waiting by your bedroom door, oh man.  It's an unconditional love that I cannot comprehend.  One no one should take for granted. Moreover, I do not at all understand how people can abuse animals.  I hate yelling at Spencer when she does something wrong, because she simply does not know better.  I would much rather explain to her the dangers of, for example, going behind the television in the living room.  As my parents, while I was at school, mind you, simply gave away my childhood pets because they were too "destructive." If only Spencer knew more words than: treat, turkey, toy, and bedtime.  

I think surprises are entirely overrated.  Like weather.  Yesterday the weather was detrimental.  But it was also perfect.  Now I am going to remember yesterday, because I got hailed on, hailed a cab, loved our crazy cab driver, and wore completely drenched clothes all night. The art and ice cream were pretty memorable too. As for the service at Golden Nugget? I'd say try somewhere else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment