6.25.2009

"I have an exoskeleton and big red claws"





If I am a lobster, then you are allergic to shellfish.  And I want you to cook me anyways, but your reaction will come about through dermal or systemic contact.  Even if you breathe too close.   Just wanted to be a pet.  Some facts about my arthropod friends:

we make 31.8 billion dollars in trade annually
we have 10 legs and front claws
we only are cannibalistic in captivity
it is not unusual for us to live 100 years
though many believe that we have no pain receptors, we do in fact experience pain and suffering
the most common way of killing us is by boiling us alive, or cutting us in half, lengthwise
chapter 10 of alice in wonderland is called "the lobster quadrille" 
when you band our claws shut, they atrophy
we have blue blood




No comments:

Post a Comment