8.11.2009

"Hello Meteor...Hello Meteor"




There is a meteor shower tonight and I feel like that is epic enough to mention. It reminds me of an inside joke with someone I love very much and miss dearly. I seriously doubt she will read this but if she does, I never wanted anything that happened to actually happen. I hope you are okay, and that this link makes you smile.

I tried to write a blog last night, but I was so angry and listless. In fact, I did write a blog, but I x-ed it out and no one will ever see the lovely little story I concocted about a princess and her imaginary scar. I feel this blog is more level-headed.

Okay. So, say "laughter" out loud. Now subtract the "L". Is "aughter" a suitable replacement/alternative for "after"? If so, why isn't it "lafter"? And if not, "aughter": "otter"? HOW perplexing.

I began reading Lolita the other day, and I must say. I bathed after how much pleasure I got out of it. It's like a homophobe listening to Moby. I know for a fact I am past my "nymphette" prime, but how I would love to be the object of someone's affections like so! I want to be someone's madness, their sickness, their fault, their art. Lord knows, that's what they'd be to me. I am not saying with superior seniority should steal my precious love's innocence, but I really do envy the devotion. I guess for normies, it would be like reading Pride and Prejudice. I want a dreamer/pedophile to adore me, and worship my mere scent. And, let me just say, I really do try to smell good.

But I read the real book. And I know all the lines, and what you're going to say, and what you're thinking right now. But one of these days, you are going to, right in the middle of reciting, slam that book closed, and make out with me like one of the meteors is going to kill us all.

Not a music blogger, but listen to "You're not a Whore" by The Format. It's been in my head along with some pussy Say Anything that was at the end of an episode of Scrubs. "Alive With the Glory of Love." Hmph. Please, I know I am not musically well endowed.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11.8.09

    So, Ali, why not just find a boy and be his muse?

    Why the age difference?

    I'm pretty sure you can be someone's madness/sickness/fault/art without it being a guy with a creepy combover and scary eyes.

    if you returned the same sentiment, what would that be? would you want that? or just one-way traffic?

    ...and off the beaten track, there's a line in a book that became a lyric in an awful song,

    'there is no true love, just a finely-tuned jealousy'.

    I used to believe that and it rang true for me.

    I was too cynical, and too quick to believe the worst and pull down the blinds. That looked and sounded so good to read.

    It's really *not* true, and now it's even better to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12.8.09

    i think Jeremy Irons was a much more pleasant diddler. :]
    wmq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! If I could find this said boy! Me and relational success do not usually go hand in hand. I do aspire to love someone whole-heartedly, but I have an intense fear of abandonment. Still haven't figured that one out in therapy, but when people leave me forever, it really fucks me up! Haha, and I don't NEED a pedophile, per se, I just envy the love/lust that they have. So many young boys are entirely unmoved by love.

    It's annoying that good lines in books become hits in crappy songs. But I am a lyric oriented person, so I give them all a chance.

    I want to believe in true love...soul mate, whatnot, but I think with close to a trillion people, there MUST be an odd number.

    I feel the same way!! Jeremy Irons, what a man! Stanley Kubrick annoys me the same way that Andy Warhol does. For the record, Kubrick, making moves about "edgy" books does not make you "edgy," and annoying 18 hour sequences at the beginnings of your movies make me turn them off, not get curious about what's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12.8.09

    Ali, can we just hang out and watch films? That's it.

    ReplyDelete